Charging Case for iPhone 5

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Work just upgraded me to iPhone 5 and I am pretty happy about the retina screen and improved battery life. Unfortunately, all of my external portable battery chargers (Richard Solo) have the original connector, not lightning. SO I was thinking about getting a battery case but someone mentioned iOS 7 has been incompatible with their current cases.

Does anyone have an idea which cases do still "charge" the iphone 5 - after updating to iOS 7?

I did peruse the board to see general case recommendations- but feel free to leave any feedback for me in general. I don't mind additional weight, but would prefer to not add too much girth. A raised lip around the screen is probably a good idea, as I have dropped it a few times already. (currently using an Element ION 5)

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure where you're getting the information from about iOS 7, but it hasn't even been released yet. And besides, what would that have to do with the battery case?

What you probably need is an adapter so that you can use your charger with the newer lightning connector. You can buy that direct from Apple at any of their stores, or from Best Buy and many other stores: Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Pay no attention to those posts or links. They're either using a pirated copy of the iOS 7 beta or they're authorized beta testers who illegally are disclosing info they're not supposed to.

Apple will announce the release of iOS 7 on September 10th. And since that's next Tuesday, it isn't officially ready for download to iOS devices. Wait for the official release or just continue to use iOS 6 if you're worried. In the meantime, buy an adapter for the lightning connector and you should be OK to charge your iPhone 5.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.