• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Old file keeps appearing when importing clips

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2019, 2.4GHz i9, 64Gb Ram, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8Gb, 2Tb SSD
Hello

I use imovie quite a bit, and use my iphone 4s to record video, recently i noticed when downloading clips off the phone to put it onto the computer one clip in particular is always still on the phone, even after using image capture to delete all the clips, nothing is visible on the phone through the photo library and its only after using iexplorer that i can see the file on my iphone but cant delete it.

How can i get rid of this file, its quite irritating when downloading clips, i usually click import all but i end up importing this one clip again and again, its also dated october 2012 which was before i even bought the phone.

M

MacInWin

And there you may have the problem! It was probably created by the previous owner and you don't have privileges to delete it. You can try making a backup of the phone, then use something like iExplorer to see if you can find and delete the video directly. Otherwise, you might try to reset to factory and reinstall your apps and iTunes stuff to see if that makes it go away. Restoring from any backup will just put the file back, so that won't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.