what works, what doesnt

T

tilly

ok (sorry, i haven't a clue about mac's) what file types work on that that work on pc's and what ones dont work on a mac.

the main reason i ask is because im wondering if the game i just bought (guild wars) will work on a mac. i didnt buy the game, i just bought the serial number and went to download the game.

any info will help

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
most files will work on a mac its just if you have a program that will read them.

ive not herd of guild wars and a quick google search says it wont work either but you can normally find out what works with a quick google search

OP
L

Left Face Down

Guild Wars is not made for Mac... possibly in the future it will be but currently it isn't. Though a Mac computer would need a special version of the game, well one that is designed to run on the Mac instead of Windows so even if you downloaded the Windows version, what you'd be downloading, it wont work.

I know it's very sad... I want my Battlefield 2 to work on Mac but it's not out either, and also (like Guild Wars) has no announced Mac release so it may just never come to Mac.

A gamer switching to a Mac sacrafices a bit when it comes to games. I keep trying to ignore that fact.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Its not that difficult, really. Programs made for Windows only run on Windows and programs made for Macs only run on Macs.
Sure there are emulators for both, but they are laggy and slow on both platforms. Besides, you can run games in emulators anyway, so if you are a gamer, I would recommend staying with Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.