Wierd iPod issue...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
So I left my 3rd gen, 20 gig iPod on my shelf for a few months.

*Pst* Don't tell my 60 gig, but I like my 3rd gen more, I've just been stuck with my 60 gig for space issues*Pst*

So anyway, I plug it in because I need a small Firewire external harddrive to work on moving some videos from the Macs I edit on at school to take home to my PowerBook.

I plugged it into my comp to charge and so I could clear off the music, and... it says "Disk Mode" at the top, with the "Do Not Disconnect" message. After a while, I figured this was an issue for AppleCare, and I wanted to look around the web for some solutions, so I tried unplugging it... the back is hot, like REALLY hot. Hotter than the time my idiot friend tried the shuffle feature and decided to see how fast he could get through my ENTIRE library. Now, I looked around the forums/net and couldn't find much.

I tried the reset/ restore, I tried everything in Disk Utility. I tried my Windows box. Nothing.

Little help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
dont worry disk mode is a normal feature but it getting hot isnt and is normally a battery issue so if you have apple care on it go take it to a store before it runs out!!

*Pst* i like my 3rd gen more than my 5th gen aswell, good job i only have to use the 5th gen for work then aint it ;)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
inflexion said:
dont worry disk mode is a normal feature but it getting hot isnt and is normally a battery issue so if you have apple care on it go take it to a store before it runs out!!

*Pst* i like my 3rd gen more than my 5th gen aswell, good job i only have to use the 5th gen for work then aint it ;)

The problem is that my Mac only recognizes it in Disk Uitlity, and it won't verify/ repair itself.

I don't have much trouble sending it in to Apple, I just wanted to be sure I covered all my bases before doing so.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.