• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple customer service is excellent!

Reaction score
I was talking on my iPhone 5 this past Saturday, when all of a sudden, I could hear nothing. The phone was working, and the call hadn't dropped, yet there was no sound. So I hung up the call, and pushed the + button; the screen said "Ringer (headphones)", but I didn't have any headphones inserted into the jack. Luckily, I was just a block away from an Apple Store (Glendale, CA, at the Americana mall). I had to make a Genius Bar appointment for an hour later to have someone look at the phone, which really wasn't much of a problem, as I had a few places to visit nearby. When my appointment time arrived, the Blue Shirt guy looked at the phone, and said, "Yep. Your headphone jack has malfunctioned. I'll go get you a new phone." Luckily, I had performed a phone backup via iTunes (as I do every Friday night), so within 10 minutes, I had a new phone, and was then able to restore my phone in minutes (my MacBook Pro was in my car trunk that day). It was a no-hassle experience, and I couldn't be happier with Apple customer service!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Sounds like it was an awesome experience!:)

It's nice to have product problem...and have the supplier (Apple) make you feel like a King! This is why Apple is #1 in customer service!!!:)

Whenever someone has a problem with Apple (and posts about it here)...I have to shake my head thinking..."Hmm...are we really getting the whole story??;);)"

Congrats again,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yeah, great to hear the good stories, not just the bad ones. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Unlike some, Apple seems to get the fact that a happy customer will likely remain a loyal customer, and, of course, they'll tell other people about it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
By golly, we have another 3 star general!

+1 With Apple keeping their customers satisfied. Now if only the Apple stores were less crowded....:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 black macbook 2.4/2/250 running 10.7.5,
Apple's customer service is really the best. just had them replace my black macbooks battery because it swelled up to the point it would not allow the computer to function. they replaced the battery with a brand new battery at no cost. pretty sure no pc company would even care about the battery after almost 5 years and even consider replacing it at no cost. Apple rocks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Less crowded?

Wow Charlie think of us battling shareholders!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina
I had a great experience with them when I bought my display and wanted AppleCare. The rep told me he was just going to add it to my macbook AppleCare, so it was covered with no charge. Saved me $100.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.