For the love of god please help with Youtube

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro only 3 months old, the first two months Youtube worked fine. For the last month I keep getting "error please try again later" I have tried everything they suggest. Flash is updated, cleared cache, cookies, restart, new browsers, and nothing works. Everything is up to date on here. What the **** is going on my computer is for making movie and watching movies. I don't want to pay to take it in for something so stupid but i've run out of ideas and i'm beyond annoyed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What version Flash Player plug in appears in the System Preferences > Other? You can check to see if there is an update from there.

OP
R
Reaction score
" I have tried everything they suggest. Flash is updated, cleared cache, cookies, restart, new browsers, and nothing works..
Since you both seem to have missed this part......

That Youtube help link.... I tried everything they suggest....by the way did I mention flash is updated...

As for the other link, I shouldn't have to install an extension to use a basically brand new computer to watch videos. What the **** happened to make it stop working...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have a Macbook Pro only 3 months old...

I don't want to pay to take it in for something so stupid but i've run out of ideas and i'm beyond annoyed.

You automatically get 12 months of Applecare with a brand new computer. Since this computer is only 3 months old...you won't have to pay for anything!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
That error isn't a computer problem, it's either a youtube congestion problem or ISP problem.. Also, don't be so wise , were trying to help you..

OP
R
Reaction score
That error isn't a computer problem, it's either a youtube congestion problem or ISP problem.. Also, don't be so wise , were trying to help you..

It's the same on any ISP, and Youtube has not been down for over a month. It will work fine on my phone.

I just found it funny I only posted a few sentences and two were not even read lol....;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i5 iMac with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD and 32GB iPad 3 WiFi
Members are only trying to help you, Randy. Be patient, you might get the answer you're looking for.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Negative. Not if you buy it from Bestbuy.

I'm sorry to say...but you are wrong!

All new Apple computers regardless of where they are purchased (at least in the United States) automatically come with 12 months of Applecare coverage.

- Nick

C

chas_m

Nick is right and randy is wrong. If you bought a new Mac, it comes with a 12-month warranty from Apple. No supplemental warranty, regardless of where it was purchased, overrides this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
It's the same on any ISP, and Youtube has not been down for over a month. It will work fine on my phone.

Wait. You have more than one ISP that you can access from the same computer????

OP
R
Reaction score
Oops thought this thread died out with no help. Didn't get an email saying new replies.

Don't be sorry if i'm wrong, that's great. So I should be able to just take it to an apple store and they'll fix it? Sounds strange, but i'll try.

Yes I take my laptop to Starbucks, Work, and so on. Doesn't matter what internet i'm on same thing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Please let us know what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Use Chrome, go to youtube.com, log in.

Try a video. When it fails log out. Quit Chrome.

Restart chrome, go to you tube, log in, try a video.

Same result?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Perhaps you've inadvertently opted into the HTML5 trial?

Check here: YouTube HTML5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yes I take my laptop to Starbucks, Work, and so on. Doesn't matter what internet i'm on same thing...

Ah, yes; a mobile device. I don't live in that world. Any luck at the Apple Store?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.