iTunes rental not authorized for my iPad

Reaction score
Rented a movie last night on iTunes. Waited for it to download. I want to transfer it to my iPad, however it says that my iPad is not authorized to play this movie.

Can't seem to find anything about it.

Any suggestions?

iPad 6.1.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Are you using the same Apple ID in iTunes on your Mac and iPad?

Have you transferred a rented movie from your Mac to your iPad before?

You can authorize and de-authorize devices and computers associated with your Apple ID by logging into it via iTunes.

OP
T
Reaction score
Same Apple ID when I rented all the other movies and I have moved rentals to my iPad just the other week.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but the movie itself doesn't have a cover photo...just a grey box with a film strip in the corner. New movie too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Same Apple ID when I rented all the other movies and I have moved rentals to my iPad just the other week.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but the movie itself doesn't have a cover photo...just a grey box with a film strip in the corner. New movie too.

Well, I'm not sure then why it wouldn't allow you unless you've recently de-selected that iPad for some reason. I've never rented movies from iTunes, so I don't know much about the movie not having a cover photo or how that would effect things.

OP
T
Reaction score
Well...here is the answer. I tried to actually play the movie and got the error message that the movie required a version of Quicktime that iTunes did not support.

Found this online:
Solution to "This movie requires QuickTime, which is ... "

Surprising that the movie needs 32 bit to play since it is brand new.

Well, opened iTunes in 32bit mode and can watch it now. Guess I would not be able to transfer it to my iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.