Create new Contacts (Address) book

Reaction score
Born in Brooklyn, bred in Manhattan, living in VT
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Mid-2011 27”: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) MacOS 12.2.1: iPad Pro (12.9”) (4th Gen) iPadOS 15.
I have had a thread in which I had tried to find out how to delete one Comtacts entry that had duplicated itself multiple times, in the thousands, and is to be found in my iMac, iPhone, iPad and iCloud. No one addressed (no pun meant) this problem. (This is so off-the-wall perhaps nobody had any experience to that degree.)

Anyway, to move on ...

... I have saved all my Contacts as v-cards, except the problem child. How do I create a new Contact book that is empty and that I can populate from these v-cards? Perhaps that might straighten out my problem.

P.S. Sorry about posting this twice. I must have hit the Submit button when I meant to preview this. This is the correct question, the other may be delete from the Forum.

Reaction score
Look in ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook
Move all that stuff somewhere else (just in case) and try importing the v-cards.
Library is hidden so use the Go menu with option held down.

OP
Brooklynguy
Reaction score
Born in Brooklyn, bred in Manhattan, living in VT
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Mid-2011 27”: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) MacOS 12.2.1: iPad Pro (12.9”) (4th Gen) iPadOS 15.
Look in ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook
Move all that stuff somewhere else (just in case) and try importing the v-cards.
Library is hidden so use the Go menu with option held down.

Thank you, I'll give it shot and post what happens.

BG

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.