Airport Add On ?

V

Vantage

Hey everyone, it's my first post here and I'm having a rough time finding information anywhere else on my question.

I have a mac mini that I bought for my sister, and she decided to buy a desktop so she let me have the mac mini. When I bought it for her I didn't opt for the Airport Extreme and Bluetooth add-ons becasue she said she wouldn't need them. However, I do connect to the internet through a wireless connection.

Is there anyway to install an airport extreme card onto a basic mac mini that doesn't already have it?

If so, where would i find out how to do to it and where to get the parts?

The reason I'm looking for airport is becasue I've tried two USB wireless recievers, and have had no luck. So it's either that they dont work with mac/mac mini, or there are none built for the mac mini.

Thanks for any help!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
From what I have read, you will not be able to install that yourself. I don't think it is an add on board per say. Someone will hopefully come along with a better answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Right, the AirPort card is not a CIP (Customer Installable Part). You may be able to have some sort of upgrade added, but it would have to be done by an Apple certified center. You will want to check the Apple site for a location nearest to you and give them a call to see if it could be done.

Reaction score
the apple store charges $99 for the comibination upgrade of the airport card and bluetooth.. internal..
it will take them 24 hours.

Reaction score
You could install it yourself, finding the parts reasonably priced isn't easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.58GHz OC'ed Mac mini
It's easy to install... $69 new

Comes with mezzanine board, antennas and the bluetooth and wireless card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.