Digitizer Orientation Out Of Sync

Reaction score
Hello,

I replaced the digitizer in my iPad 2, since it had a crack in it, and I'm having the weirdest issue with it.

The digitizer orientation is 90 degrees out of sync with the display.

For instance, when I'm on the unlock screen, holding it portrait, swiping up somewhere on the left side unlocks it, and when I'm on the home screen, swiping up and down changes home screens left to right.

Anyone have any thoughts? I've reseated the digitizer ribbon, and disconnected the battery, but no change.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My first question to you is... did you use an exact replacement digitizer or a substitute? In other words, is the new digitizer an Apple part or a replacement part that was supposed to work?

Reaction score
Did you find a solution? I have the same problem. Even when I reinstalled the old original digitiser, the orientation was still rotated by 90 degrees, so it seems to be a problem of the software.

Reaction score
Solution

I found the solution:
I had plugged the digitizer cable upside down into the connector. When I turned it, (the golden contacts must be facing down), it worked!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting that back and letting us know. I would have thought the cable was designed to fit to the connector only one way. ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.