problems with OSX

Reaction score
Previously I had questioned what I needed to do with my system, some folks had answered my questions and directed me to reinstall the original OSX which is 10.5.8 (leopard)
My macbook is a MacBook4,1 running with 2 GB of memory and a 150 GB hard drive.

I had run the original mac osx disc and installed the system and created an archive of the system i was running.

Since then I also took off about 80 gb of files and dumped them on another computer temporarily.

The problem I am having now is that I have 2 os on the computer and would like to restore to the previous system I was running since there was nothing wrong with it and nothing wrong with my drive. My computer is slower than it had been and still freezes up sometimes even though there is nothing wrong with the drive and I took off plenty of files.
1. How do I restore the previous system?

The second problem is I have been updating trying to get back to the system I was previously running and I am supposedly up to date, however, I cannot even use my itunes now because it claims I need a more updated version. I had never had ANY problems before I reinstalled this OS other than an overloaded HD. Now that I have cleared off half of my HD I am having problems with the OS because there are 2 since I reinstalled it.
2. What do I need to do in order to get back to the previous system?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
1. How do I restore the previous system?

2. What do I need to do in order to get back to the previous system?

What was the previous system?

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Refer to this different thread in order to see the previous discussions.
My MB had been giving me issues and I thought my drive was dying. The previous system was a more updated version, I reinstalled the original mac OSX disc and archived a "previous system."
Boot your MacBook with your original Leopard DVD # 1 and run Disk Utility from the top menu Utilities. Verify the hard drive and let us know the results. I suspect your hard drive may be on its way out.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The previous system was a more updated version...

What version was the "previous system"?

This could have been multiple possibilities...only you would know what OS version it was.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.5.8 The disc reinstalled it back to 10.5.2

If you want to update to 10.5.8...go to:

- Apple drop down Menu
- Select "Software Update"
- Then perform the update.

* Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.