• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Confirms September 10th iPhone Event

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I think the colour scheme has more to do with iOS 7 no? I could be way off. After all, I don't have a very good track record with predictions about devices and software releases.

In spite of that track record, I imagine that iOS 7 will go gold along with a new iPhone. At this point, I think it's impossible for that guess to be wrong. If that is the case, that should be a fun day for one major reason - the jarring effect iOS 7 is going to bring about for the average iOS user. I've shown some people iOS 7 on my iPod Touch and suffice it to say, it's not going to be a nice experience for many average users. However, the shakeup is better than keeping things as stagnant as its always been (Van critiquing iOS? Say it isn't so! ;)). Short term pain for long term gain.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I saw some very believable images of the iPhone 5C box in various colors, so it seems like that the colors in this invitation banner seem to elude to those phones and as appalling as it is (to me at least), looks like there will be a gold'ish colored iPhone 5S as well..

Reaction score
I can't wait for this event. I hope ios 7 gets released maybe next week or later this month.

OP
MYmacROX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I'm looking forward to the "shake-up" of a new iOS. I am excited about everything I saw demonstrated in the keynote a few months ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I'm looking forward to the "shake-up" of a new iOS. I am excited about everything I saw demonstrated in the keynote a few months ago.

Me as well.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So do the rumors include announcement of a new iPad mini too?

No one knows for certain..but most of the rumors seem to be surrounding the iPhone. No idea if the iPad line will get any attention or more information about the Mac Pro or Macbook Pro refresh..just have to wait..:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I saw some very believable images of the iPhone 5C box in various colors, so it seems like that the colors in this invitation banner seem to elude to those phones and as appalling as it is (to me at least), looks like there will be a gold'ish colored iPhone 5S as well..

Gold is such an ugly color. I'm secretly hoping the graphite color iPhone is real and that it looks good. I may be interested in that color if it looks good.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My wife likes the various colors. I can already see us trading in her iPhone 4 for either a bright red or gold model. (Sorry Stretch.)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gold is such an ugly color. I'm secretly hoping the graphite color iPhone is real and that it looks good. I may be interested in that color if it looks good.

Totally agree if it is a real Gold color..but from what I've seen and read, it isn't as much a gold color as just orange..either way it's ugly IMO and I'll be sticking with the black iPhone 5S when I upgrade from my iPhone 4..

Reaction score
I would love a black but judging from the way peoples 5 has worn I will be sticking with white (or whatever its called) for my 4 to 5s upgrade.
Dont like the chips.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2011, i7, 8gigs RAM, OS 10.11 iPhone 6s, ATV3
I would love a black but judging from the way peoples 5 has worn I will be sticking with white (or whatever its called) for my 4 to 5s upgrade.
Dont like the chips.

same.. I actually really like the white

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21, MacBook Pro 13, iPad 2, iPhone 5, iPod.
Jumping ahead a bit... I wonder when the iPhone 6 will be launched as I'm not convinced I want to go for the 5S yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Jumping ahead a bit... I wonder when the iPhone 6 will be launched as I'm not convinced I want to go for the 5S yet?

Really?? Just a bit? ;)

If history teaches you anything you'll likely be waiting until September/October 2014.

Reaction score
Yeah I am most likely going to be upgrading my iphone 4 to the 5s. Which wont happen until febuary 2014 sadly. I will probably be getting the 32gb silver model cause it be weird having a gold one.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unless you're under contract and can't buy the 5S because of that, Apple is offering a no interest 12 month payment plan for the unlocked versions of the iPhone 5S. The offer is good until September 30th. No interest 12 payments is a pretty good deal.

OP
MYmacROX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
If you do wait until Feb, you might be able to pick up a refurbished model for a little less $$.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.