Image won't move in new project?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I'm trying to move the PSD image file (*attached below) to a new project. Once I drop it in, however, it won't move. I checked and it's not locked. How can I fix this? Thanks.

View attachment gossip culture.psd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Where are you moving it to, another folder on your hard drive or an external drive?

Reaction score
Assuming you're trying to move the letters, I didn't have any problem. Are you sure you have the right layer selected?
I opened your PSD and then opened another pic. Dragged the letters layer onto my pic and moved them around. That what you're trying to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
or you could select the shape layer and use the duplicate layer command to copy it into another file

sometimes layers will not want to move if one document is RGB and the other CMYK

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
Assuming you're trying to move the letters, I didn't have any problem. Are you sure you have the right layer selected?
I opened your PSD and then opened another pic. Dragged the letters layer onto my pic and moved them around. That what you're trying to do?

Correct. I'm so confused as to why it's not working. I tried the other poster's suggestion of copying it into a new file and then moving it, but it still won't move once I move it over to my desired PSD image :\

Reaction score
Are you copying just the shape or the whole thing, black background and all? Again, check to make sure you're on the correct layer.
Other than that it's kind of difficult without being there and seeing what you're doing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.