Logic 9/Reason 5: Any issues with Mountain Lion?

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting the latest version of Reason (v7) and Logic X in the near future and will need to upgrade from SL to ML in order to do so. I'm currently running Logic Pro 9 and Reason 5 for my music making tasks and am a little concerened about running these programs in the meantime on ML before i get around to buying the latest versions.

I've read one or two horror stories about Logic 9 having compatibility problems with the latest OS - however most of these issues were written about on forums and such over a year ago and i don't know if Apple have fixed the problems or not.

So is anyone here in the same boat as me: 2009 iMac 21.5 wanting to upgrade from SL to ML and running Logic 9 and Reason 5 (with the intention of upgrading both DAWs to latest versions). Any issues?

Bear in mind i've never upgraded an OS before so i'm a little tentative...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why don't you just upgrade and test your apps to see if they'll work? Since Mountain Lion is only $19.95, it's not a big investment. And certainly if you clone your current Snow Leopard first to an external hard drive, it's a simple enough procedure to get back to where you were before if something goes wrong.

Both Carbon Copy Cloner and SuperDuper are ideal to use for that purpose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13” i5 (2012) , iPhone5 16GB (white), iPhone4 8GB (white), iPad2 64GB 3G, Apple TV
”So is anyone here in the same boat as me: 2009 iMac 21.5 wanting to upgrade from SL to ML and running Logic 9 and Reason 5 (with the intention of upgrading both DAWs to latest versions). Any issues?”

I have a 2012 13” i5 Macbook Pro with 4GB of RAM, which I upgraded from Lion to Mountain Lion (October 2012), and after the update of the OS I installed Logic Pro 9 and never had a problem with it (no program crashes, no plugin crashes). I record with virtual instruments and then bounce them to audio (then the audio track being ”mastered” separately) and not a single problem.

Just a month ago I installed Logic Pro X as well, downloaed the gigs of content, and the same: no crashes of the program nor crashes of any plugins. It just works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.