can iphone 4s play .AAC music files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Catalina 10.15.3
I try to add them to my iphone 4s library via itunes on my macbook but it doesnt seem to appear in my iphone 4s. mp3s can be added this way and are clearly shown in library on iphone4s, but not .AAC music files.
how do we use quicktime to save audio in mp3 format? and videos in mp4 format?

thanks for help

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Catalina 10.15.3
the AAC audio file is 2.7MB and 2min 43secs long, so it should be the correct quality, yet it doesnt add onto my iphone 4s via the itunes route. mp3s are added on no problem with the same method, by clicking on File, add to library then sync.
any idea how do you add those AAC audio files on??
thanks

C

chas_m

Slydude is talking about bitrate. You are talking about length. Find out what the bitrate is, then see if that's the problem.

You might also try converting the AAC files to M4A and see if that works. MediaHuman Audio Converter can handle this for you, and it's free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Slydude is talking about bitrate. You are talking about length. Find out what the bitrate is, then see if that's the problem.

And to do this, click on the file in iTunes on your Mac/PC and ⌃Click (right click) and then Get Info and then under Summary.
My guess by the size of the File that it will be 128 kbps which is well within the tolerance, so there is something else up IMO. Once you get to the Summary window, shift+command+4 and then click and drag around the window to get a screen cap and post here for us to see . .

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Catalina 10.15.3
And to do this, click on the file in iTunes on your Mac/PC and ⌃Click (right click) and then Get Info and then under Summary.
My guess by the size of the File that it will be 128 kbps which is well within the tolerance, so there is something else up IMO. Once you get to the Summary window, shift+command+4 and then click and drag around the window to get a screen cap and post here for us to see . .

thanks for help, thing is l cant even add it to itunes via the normal method of adding mp3 files, which also add onto my iphone 4s.
l will search for an mp3 downloader

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.