Nestopia 1.3.4 keyboard configuration

• Thread starter sandsturndpurpl
  • Start date
S

sandsturndpurpl

I have an emac osx 10.4.11 and have been using Nestopia version 1.3.4 since my computer is so old. This softare updates leaving my computer behind is very annoying by the way. The creator will not answer questions for something so old and all the advice about my problem is discussed online but all of the answers are explained for a slightly different version.
After a long time with no problems my computer keys were no longer making anything happen except for the enter key/start button. I don't have a joystick so I use my keyboard and have only changed the settings once before a long time ago. No matter how many times I move the icons to choose alternate keys or hit default and leave them alone I get no effect. I even re downloaded and installed it. Someone please help, playing the games really relaxed me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm afraid you're out of luck. The only info that's even available for Nestopia is for version 1.4.1 and that's a very old version. (2008)

When you're using an out of date computer, an out of date version of OS X, and even the developer won't answer your questions, it's time to get a newer Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I did read one Blog of someone using Nestopia via OpenEmu, but if that fails then go as chscag says, time to upgrade the Mac.

This is the Blog

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.