MacBook 13" 2007 help on upgrading

Reaction score
Hi I am wondering if i should upgrade my airport express card on my MacBook if there even is one and if i wanted to upgrade my processor to a i5 or i7 could i replace the whole board because i know i can't de soilder the processor off the board. And what ram should i upgrade to for speed but not overdoing it.

Thank you,;)
Miles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi I am wondering if i should upgrade my airport express card on my MacBook if there even is one

Upgrade it to what? It should already be 802.11n compatible. You won't find a replacement card to get 802.11ac (the latest standard that is only a few months old).

and if i wanted to upgrade my processor to a i5 or i7 could i replace the whole board because i know i can't de soilder the processor off the board.

You can't do that. Quite simply, the logic board for a MacBook that has that processor won't fit in your MacBook.

And what ram should i upgrade to for speed but not overdoing it.

Assuming you have the late 2007 White MacBook, then the maximum amount of RAM you can have is 6 GB. You may as well max it out. You can get what you need from OWC.
Memory for MacBook, MacBook Pro 2GB, 4GB, 8GB & Now 16GB - OWC Certified RAM for Apple Mac with Lifetime Warranty

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.