Mac Mouse. Light flickers then dies. An Ex mouse?

Reaction score
Yes, I have installed new batteries, three different sets.

So my new mouse or 6 months won't play.
The little green light on the underside stays constant for 3 seconds, flickers and then eventually goes out.
Is this an ex-mouse?

It;s a Magic Mouse and I have checked system preferences and it says it's connected as a paired device with 89% power.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Was the mouse packed with a new Mac that you purchased 6 months ago or was it bought separately by you? If the mouse came with a new Mac and that machine is still under warranty, then your mouse is covered under the same warranty. Apple will replace it if it's defective. Even if you bought the mouse alone, take it back to Apple.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm asking you if your mouse is still in warranty? If it is, Apple will replace it. Read my first reply to you again. It appears that your wireless mouse could have failed.

OP
F
Reaction score
Hummm.
I am looking for ways to fix it.
It has failed. This I already know.

But thanks anyhow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not much use not providing information is it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.