Access privileges for iPhone do not let me sync.

Reaction score
Born in Brooklyn, bred in Manhattan, living in VT
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Mid-2011 27”: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) MacOS 12.2.1: iPad Pro (12.9”) (4th Gen) iPadOS 15.
iPhone 4S
iOS 6.1.3
Phone Name: iTylyphoner

see sidebar for my iMac specs

Here goes ...

Setup ...

1. Normally I synch iPhone through iTunes (11.0.5 (5)).
2. I have purchases on iCloud as well as other media obtained elsewhere that is kept on the iMac HD. (Librivox and internet Archive are my main sources of "other media".)
2. I created new admin profile for myself on iMac. iCloud automatically filled my iTunes library in this profile.
3. I had no problem with syncing my iPad (3) and keeping all my chosen media on the iPad.

Problem ...

When I connect iPhone to iMac via cable, i get this error message seen below and cannot add, change, nor delete any media on the iPhone.

Do I need to wipe the iPhone and reset to factory defaults, then restore iCloud and local media? If so, not sure of the steps despite looking over what a web search offered me.

Screen Shot 2013-08-30 at 10.14.03 AM.png

OP
Brooklynguy
Reaction score
Born in Brooklyn, bred in Manhattan, living in VT
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Mid-2011 27”: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) MacOS 12.2.1: iPad Pro (12.9”) (4th Gen) iPadOS 15.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.