applecare for ibook

C

catchawave

Have any of you purchased the applecare warranty for your ibooks? I have til this summer to purchase and I'm wondering if I should....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 1.33 512ram 60gb Superdrive Apple bluetooth mouse
fixed quote

catchawave said:
Have any of you purchased the applecare warranty for your ibooks? I have til this summer to purchase and I'm wondering if I should....

You can never tell what is going to happen. I do not usually buy extended warranties on anything, but, my ibook lost it's hard drive last week after thirteen months. If I did not have Applecare it would have cost about 350.00 to fix. You should also consider Procare. Among it's many benefits is priority repair. Assuming you have an Apple store near you you would get it back from repair within two working days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
i bought applecare when i bought my ibook. i've never had to use it but it's nice to know that it's there if i need it.

OP
C

catchawave

I'll most likely get it. Kind of made me mad today. I wasn't able to make my bluetooth work so I take it in to the Mac place where I bought it. they have some awesome techs there too. But.... the kid that looked at it this morning (with me standing there) tried getting the bluetooth to sync with a mouse and keyboard and nothing. So, he thought it was a faulty bluetooth and so I checked the ibook in for them to fix. The ibook is about 6 months old.
I pick it up later on in the day when another tech said that nothing was wrong with the bluetooth and that it was working fine. He showed me and yup, it seemed to be working. They charged me 50.00 and I asked why. He said that there was no parts to be replaced and the warranty is only for parts NOT for time worked on.
Is this true?? The warranty doesn't cover for time worked on?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.