Can't print internet pdf's

Reaction score
My boss has an IMac 10.7.5 and she can print all documents and pdf's EXCEPT for pdf's downloaded from the internet.

The following message pops up: There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.

But when she forwards the the pdf to me, I have no problem printing. IMac 10.8.4

She has tried downloading the latest version of Adobe and tried printing from Preview instead of Adobe.

Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
My boss has an IMac 10.7.5 and she can print all documents and pdf's EXCEPT for pdf's downloaded from the internet.

The following message pops up: There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.

But when she forwards the the pdf to me, I have no problem printing. IMac 10.8.4

She has tried downloading the latest version of Adobe and tried printing from Preview instead of Adobe.

Help

Well, just a simple question for starters, i.e. why not migrate from Lion to Mountain Lion, if the latter works fine for you on your computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
When she hovers to the bottom of the page on the PDF does a gray bar appear and if so its self explanatory print from there.

OP
M
Reaction score
Mountain Lion

Well, just a simple question for starters, i.e. why not migrate from Lion to Mountain Lion, if the latter works fine for you on your computer?

Thanks, but we are a small non-profit of 7 employees. Not in the budget.

I was able to find the gray bar the other gentleman was talking about and it printed with no problems.

I appreciate your time.

OP
M
Reaction score
Printing

When she hovers to the bottom of the page on the PDF does a gray bar appear and if so its self explanatory print from there.

The gray bar was there. Clicked print icon and printed with no problem.

Thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.