Microsoft office 2011 Errors

Reaction score
Hey,

Im going to try to explain this the best i can and see if anyone can help me in my attempt to solve this issue.

I have recently deployed a new MAC to a user with office 2011 on it. now lets say he Creates a document in the Word and saves it to his desktop then quits office 2011 and then re-opens the document and edits the document then saves the document. and everything goes well.

Now lets take the exact same situation except he saves it in a directory on a server that he has permissions to use. but this time when he opens it then edits it and tries to save he recieves this error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmt46majgdz9jgh/Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 11.41.57 AM.png

Let me know if the link does not work.

Now if i put one version older of word on the system he does not have this issue. any ideas??

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

How is the Mac connecting to the server? Over SMB? Does the file he is saving to have spaces in it? Can you replace them with underscore or minus signs to see if they work?

OP
P
Reaction score
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

How is the Mac connecting to the server? Over SMB? Does the file he is saving to have spaces in it? Can you replace them with underscore or minus signs to see if they work?

Over SMB there are multiple files we have been trying to use/test here are some examples of what we are using as test files.

TEST
TEST 2
SAMPLE STUDY GROUP

I have not tried to put underscores in the file names simply because we have 3 or 4 files that are just single words and they don't even work.

I have come to the conclusion that it is only word 2011 related this does not happen for PowerPoint,Excel or any other Microsoft products installed.

I also know that if i were to uninstall 2011 and install one version earlier it works perfectly fine.

UPDATE:

We are now receiving this error when trying to open files on another network drive

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymr4nn445x5geut/Screen Shot 2013-08-26 at 4.43.18 PM.png

We are running OSX 10.8.4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.