iTunes Media Folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid '10 MacBook Pro, 128GB iPhone 6, 160GB iPod Classic, 32GB iPad 4th Gen, AirPort Extreme, AppleTV
Is it possible to store more than one copy of my iTunes Media folder? I currently have it stored on an external hard drive that's accessed wirelessly via my AEBS. But I recently purchased a nice, smaller sized 500GB external hard drive where I'd like to store another copy of the iTunes Media folder so I can take it with me during travel, etc. (I originally had to get the iTunes data off my MacBook Pro because storage was almost full).

Is this possible? Easy? Any potential issues with doing this?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Sure, it is possible. You may run into having music, videos, etc. in one copy and not the other. You will want to keep them both up to date if possible.

I move libraries all over all the time and never have issues other than the one I mentioned above.

OP
Lefty Loco
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid '10 MacBook Pro, 128GB iPhone 6, 160GB iPod Classic, 32GB iPad 4th Gen, AirPort Extreme, AppleTV
Thank you John, just what I wanted to hear.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.