• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

1GB nano Launched just a few minutes ago!

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

Earlier on today I was buying another Imac for my work and when i was on the phone to a guy in Ireland I heard a loud siren go off. Turns out the phone assistant told me that the sound was to alert everyone that the new Ipod 1Gb Nano was now launched.

I popped onto the US store and there sure enough it was in all its glory. Certainly work the money off anyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Smartz said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

Earlier on today I was buying another Imac for my work and when i was on the phone to a guy in Ireland I heard a loud siren go off. Turns out the phone assistant told me that the sound was to alert everyone that the new Ipod 1Gb Nano was now launched.

I popped onto the US store and there sure enough it was in all its glory. Certainly work the money off anyone!

Darn, you beat me to the post! :) $129 USD with my student discount, looks like I know what to get my wife for Valentine's day! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Looks like if you order it with engraving today (add 1-3 days) and get the expedited 2-3 day shipping, you should get it no later than February 14th. Also, the 512mb Shuffle is now only $69.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
owww *inflexion cant wait to get to work to see it tomorrow*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
w00t~! I always love it when apple drops the prices on things :) I might just snag up a 1gb nano sooner or later. I'll make sure there are no big probems with it first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
My thought at first was woo hoo, but 179$cdn? Little value in that I think. The 2 gig is 250cdn and the 4 is 299cdn. ****, the 30 ipod with video is only 379cdn, 200 bucks for 30x the space.

daryl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
They could at least make the thing $125 and killed the 1 gig Shuffle. This makes the gap issue with the iPod models worse. At least there's a justification with the iPod Nano to Video thing, now it's just a joke. $50 more get's you a color screen, line out, a full click wheel, the ability to view photos, and an even smaller iPod? Kind of pointless, isn't it? At least with the Nano to Video the trade-offs are a bit more equal...

OP
S
Reaction score
Its obvoiously a strategic decision and one that i bet is worrying the likes of Iriver and Creative. Never has Apply offered its full Ipod package in terms of a screen and click wheel for such an attractive price point. In truth i think this is meant to merely kill of some of the competition, i mean lets be really honest now, if you are a typical parent who has had their child harrasing them for an Ipod the new Nano fits into that Birthday gift average price far better than a fully fleged Ipod video.

The creative labs nano plus has 1gb and retails in the Uk for around 75-85 notes. The Nano is £105-109 and has a full colour screen, a better interface and more importantly works with itunes. It is an easy decision for me to make!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.