contacts iCloud and iPod sync

Reaction score
On my iMac at home I recently set my contacts to be in iCloud. Now when I sync my iPod I am told that there are no contacts that I can sync as they are all in the cloud! How do I get my contacts back on my iMac so that I can sync them to my iPod. Very suspicious of all this cloud stuff :)

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Which exact iPod? What exact version OS X? What, exactly, word for word, is the message that you get?

OP
M
Reaction score
iPod Classic, OSX 10.8.4.

Sync message in iTunes (latest version) reads "No contacts are available on this computer. Contacts in iCloud cannot be synched to this iPod".

Many thanks

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
iPod Classic, OSX 10.8.4.

Sync message in iTunes (latest version) reads "No contacts are available on this computer. Contacts in iCloud cannot be synched to this iPod".

Many thanks

That is correct. The iPod Classic has no ability to sync with contacts on iCloud. So... what can you do? Covered here in this discussion on Apple's forums:
sync iPod with mac icloud contacts

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.