ipod mini partition table

Reaction score
Is this information some trade secret? I recently tried to update an ipod mini, new battery, new click wheel, CF card in place of hard drive. Now I just get the yellow triangle folder error screen. I've reinstalled the original WD micro drive, no joy. Tested both in a card reader and both test out fine. My Mac won't mount it so I tried a linux program called RockBox using the card reader and get a message not proper partition table. I've googled for ipod mini partition table and get no hits. I was hoping to partition it via Disk Utility and try again but I've tried GUID & Mac OS, MBR & Fat32 and neither is recognized.

Oh and yes, I've tried all the manual reset options using the click wheel, no joy. I can get it into disk mode but the Mac still can't mount it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you tries to restore the ipod through iTunes

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I had the same problem with my old iPod Mini. Changed out the hard drive with a CF card and never could get it to work right. Going thru the trouble shooting tips on the ifixit site I came to the conclusion that when the hard drive failed, it took out the logic board. Mini was thrown away and the CF card returned for a refund. Good luck with getting yours working.

OP
S
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my old iPod Mini. Changed out the hard drive with a CF card and never could get it to work right. Going thru the trouble shooting tips on the ifixit site I came to the conclusion that when the hard drive failed, it took out the logic board. Mini was thrown away and the CF card returned for a refund. Good luck with getting yours working.

Well I have a Nikon camera that takes the CF card so it won't go to waste. I'll comb ebay & kijjiji see if I can find a logicboard at a reasonable price and try again. It's been a learning experience at least.

OP
S
Reaction score
Have you tries to restore the ipod through iTunes

Really? Really? Did you even read my post? Explain to me how I restore an ipod that WON'T MOUNT?????????? Won't mount in OSX, won't mount in Windows, won't mount in Linux.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.