• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

If there ever was a phone to take me away from the iPhone. this would be it . . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I was watching this with soooo much interest, and i didnt back it, because to get the phone i would have had to outlay at least $695 + Postage and Handling.
Its called the Ubuntu Edge and was first shown on the crowd sourcing site Indiegogo. The Ubuntu Edge ~ On Indiegogo would have the capability of Dual-boots into Ubuntu mobile OS and Android; converts into a full desktop PC.

With 4GB RAM and 128GB internal storage honestly blows anything now out of the water, as well as giving me Stereo Speakers and Dual-LTE, Connectivity and GSM.
The other reason i would of considered going over to this, is it genuinely looks nice. Slim, sexy and all round goodness.

When it was on Indiegogo, they had a pledge level of 32,000,000, and in the first 8 hrs people had backed it to the sum of $2,000,000 and looked like it was on its way, but unfortunately only made it to $12,000,000 :(

Anyways it looks like a BiG company has put their hand up to help get this off the ground, and im really hoping it does, because honestly, Dual Boot and a Desktop OS, is in another grade of its own, and this means good competition, and i dont care about Samsung, but i hope Apple are taking notice, because they will need to in the near future bring out something outstanding.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm 100% with you on this. Even if the Edge is dead, the OS isn't and 3rd party Ubuntu handsets are still slated for release, from what I understand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
The things that makes me want this is the OS. It sounds absolutely fantastic to have a full OS on a phone that transfers to the desktop, as well as the ability to dual boot to Android OS! The design itself is also pretty nice, but nothing special.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Very nice. Something like this would be great for your wayward Unix sysadmin visiting his family on vacation. Less junk to drag along, and easy to drop all one's scripts on the phone. It would be cool to run the IBM HMC, dsm/dsmc/dsmj, dscli, xivcli/gui and a smitty terminal window from a phone for the geek factor alone!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.