Fan running more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4, 1.33ghz 1gb RAM 40 GB HD. iPod 20gb 4Gen
This is a new thing, the fan is just starting to run. Am I running too much?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Either the airflow is blocked by something, or you changed something with what software you're running. Are you doing anything differently?

Fans running is a normal part of operation. If it sounds like a jet engine all the time that might be cause for alarm, but sometimes all you have to do is clean out the fan and/or heatsink with some compressed air.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4, 1.33ghz 1gb RAM 40 GB HD. iPod 20gb 4Gen
Nothing is different. Compared to my old Dell Laptop its a lot less frequent. But this is actually the first time since I bought my iBook (Mid December) that the fan has begun to run. It does not run frequent. But during low resource operations (chatting) it begins to run. I am going to assume this is normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
billabong1515 said:
Nothing is different. Compared to my old Dell Laptop its a lot less frequent. But this is actually the first time since I bought my iBook (Mid December) that the fan has begun to run. It does not run frequent. But during low resource operations (chatting) it begins to run. I am going to assume this is normal.

Yep, sounds normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
billabong1515 said:
Maybe the weather is just getting warmer?;)

Seriously though, my fan spins a lot more during the warm summer months than during winter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.