• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Ballmer to go!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I read that in this morning's news. The problem is that Ballmer will be hanging around for some time before he actually retires. The news also stated that he wouldn't be taking a retirement package. I guess when you're a billionaire you don't need one.

Be interesting to see who the board nominates as the next CEO.

OP
louishen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I have sent in my CV, not holding out much hope, especially as I can't spell Ballmer ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Absolutely incredible news!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Maybe we will see Microsoft start to really improve once he's out of the building. I can't even begin to understand why it has taken this long to get him out.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Right now Microsoft stock is up about $2.50 (~7.7%).:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I'd have more faith in MS if they focused on their Enterprise/back office offerings more. They let it slide for the sake of gaming and tablets and netbooks. You don't let your bread and butter go while working on new stuff - you keep your base solid when you extend. All the stuff that made MS tolerable (and admittedly useful) in the workplace got crappy over the last 5 years IMHO. Their "necessary evil" services have suffered and people are looking elsewhere for their big ticket and invasive infrastructure solutions. When companies start dropping the really big IT dollars again, I'm betting a smaller percentage goes to MS than it did even 5 years ago. There will be a lot of sad former Sharepoint and AD admins by 2020 unless things change.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Right now Microsoft stock is up about $2.50 (~7.7%).:)

- Nick

Cha Ching . . . . .

Im not surprised but as stated above i cant believe it hasn't been sooner. If only this news came out in about 2-3 months time, i could of got myself lucky with 25k in my pocket. Will watch the price and see what it does.

Anyone got any ideas as to who could be his replacement ? Someone already in the MS system, or someone from outside that has a fresh look on things. I couldnt even tell you who is their from Ballmer down at all.

OP
louishen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Anyone got any ideas as to who could be his replacement ? Someone already in the MS system, or someone from outside that has a fresh look on things. I couldnt even tell you who is their from Ballmer down at all.

Since MS are always trying to ape Apple nowadays, I hear Scott Forstall is looking for something to do, he would fit well with Microsoft's corporate culture....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I dont care about microsoft. I dont understand what they are doing or thinking over there. I understand they want to steer the direction of a better touch based interface but forcing everyone into that interface even when a lot of people didnt even have touch screens at the time yet made no sense to me. that should have been optional. Apple integrated the launchpad perfectly into osx. its functional and you dont even have to use that if you dont want too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.