Xcode wont open

Reaction score
I am using xcode ver 4.6,3 and when I double click it from the launcher it goes to the task bar but will not open. how do I get it to open?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I am using xcode ver 4.6,3 and when I double click it from the launcher it goes to the task bar but will not open. how do I get it to open?
Can you try just cliciking once on the icon in the dock. It should begin to bounce up and down and eventually load. You only need to double click from Finder windows.
What's a task bar?
That would be the Dock. I guess you didn't bother figuring out that the OP might be a predominantly Windows user and that's what it is called in Windows, huh?

OP
P
Reaction score
Can you try just cliciking once on the icon in th dock. It should begin to bounce up and down and eventually load. You only need to double click from Finder windows.

That would be the Dock. I guess you didn't bother figuring out that the OP might be a predominantly Widnows user and that's what it is called in Windows, huh?

yes I am a predominantly windows use I just bought this Mac.I will try that thanks.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The default behavior is that the icons on your Dock will get a small light underneath them when they are active/running. Some apps support opening/closing the main window by clicking on the icon. Thus, double clicking the icons on the Dock might get you some funky results..:)

Also, know that XCode is a funny beast and depending on whether you've already started a project or not, you might not get the welcome screen. However, if you look at the top bar (that's called the menu bar), you will see Xcode in there and you can do File->New Project to start up.

If you just quit XCode, the next time you launch it, it will bring up the previous projects and all the windows you might have opened.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.