I just synced my Ipod

Reaction score
where did all my music go I fear i lost it its taken me yrs to get all this ugh pls help.....also I have the iMac all in one not sure how to scroll...I know sounds funny but ???

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
We will need to know a bit more about exactly what you were doing when everything went wrong. Tell us as much as you can about what you were trying to do and what happened.

OP
D
Reaction score
I plugged my Ipod into my new iMac it asked to sync I said yes it said it would remove my songs from my ipod but I thought they would be on my mac and now ipod empty and no songs on my mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
In that case you've lost all your songs. It did warn you. Syncing does not transfer music from an iPod to a computer. Your songs will be on the computer that you originally synced your iPod with. If you still have it, just resync your iPod with that computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Did you transfer your library from your old computer to the new iMac? iPods only sync from the computer it's connected to to the device. It doesn't transfer from the device to the computer (not without a hack at least).

Once you transfer your library to your new iMac, it will sync to your iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.