version10.7.5 question

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to 10.7 ver ( I believe that's lion). I used 10.6 before (leopard). the whole layout of folders is different and I am a little lost. For ex. I am looking for the Library folder which was under Users - computer name - Library. In the 10.7 I can find it alright, but inside there are much less application folders, which I can not locate, like: my Nikon folder, or Skype or TomTom. Where can I find them. I did the Search but nothing.

Also, in Safari (ver 6.0.5) in the Leopard OS, the main window changes as well. I have no more that little search window on top, right, like I had in the ver 5. Is it there no more, or I have to change the layout of the window?

Thanx for any help...

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The Library folder that was inside your user folder in Snow Leopard (10.6) is still there but it is hidden under 10.7 and 10.8. To get to the Library folder go to the Finder Go menu and choose Go To Folder. Type the following into the sheet ~/Library.

This command will unhide the folder temporarily. To unhide it permanently try this

In Safari 6 the search bar that you are looking for is no longer there. The entire address bar (where you enter urls) is also a search bar. Enter a url and it gets treated as such. Enter a search term and it gets passed to your favorite search engine.

OP
I
Reaction score
thank you

where is the history of searches in safari then? Where do I look for it?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I hadn't really thought about it until I read your post. See if this helps explains things. If not let us know what you are searching for.

In general, if you start typing a search query Safari seems try to match it to a previous query or website before executing a new search.

C

chas_m

Be aware that there is a VERY good reason why the Home folder Library was hidden starting with 10.7. Hint: it rhymes with "yeeple fessing mif it gor low sood meeson."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.