Mac Mail program 'constipated'...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 iMac; Late '11 MBAir, 2017 iMac from ****!
I have a 4 year old iMac running 10.8.4 MLion (the same on my 2 year old 11" MacBookAIr).

Both machines have literally thousands of e-mails, from the main lists to multiple folders. Both machines have been having some issues, nothing serious, but perhaps it my lack of organizational skills or the packrat syndrome that prohibits me from deleting messages after I read them. I believe if I can eradicate 99% of these emails, both proggies will become much less constipated and run more efficiently.

My question is this (and yes, I've looked all over for help with this, so far no joy).

1) How can I MOVE these files (emails) to either a thumb drive and/or an external WD 1TB drive?

2) If for some reason I HAD to access one or more of these e-mails in the future (doubtful, but possible- eg, I get IRS audit in 3 years), how can I open and read them, or print them out for proof, if needed?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Cheers!

Pat

OP
p_rod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 iMac; Late '11 MBAir, 2017 iMac from ****!
Cradon!

We meet again! You've helped me in the past! Thank you!

Yes, I have seen the Export option in the Mail program, but am not sure how to ever access it if I ever had to in the future.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.