Tiger install help

P

pixelpeeper

I have a burned tiger dvd. I stick it in, and click install, prompts for reboot, then never resumes after the reboot. I have seen on here about holding down c key, but that doesnt work either. I also changed the start up disk to the install disc, but still nothing. Oh, I currently have 10.3.9

OP
T

Tiranis

Ehem, you have a BURNT Tiger DVD? And you even come to ask us for help? Ehem… well, I don't know… what about buying it?

Reaction score
Sounds like the dvd was burnt wrong in the first place. This is probably because you got it from somewhere other than the apple store right?

I doubt you'll get much help from this forum, not big on piracy as a rule.

However if this isnt pircay related then elbaorate and you may receive a warmer reply. Goodluck

OP
P

pixelpeeper

Ehem,
1. I was refering to my sister burnt me a copy of it that came from her g5 pm, in which I am asuming is the problem. Is this piracy? If so sorry to the software police! SORRY.
2. Who are most of these people Mary Poppins? You cant really believe people on here are as honest as everyone would like to believe. I have searched for FREE software before, as I am sure many have. I think trying to get some stuff free is ok as if Apple doesn't charge an arm and leg for their hardware, and most software isn't cheap. I have spent my share on apple products believe me. While I am fairly new to macs, I do like them. I don't understand though why most on these forums and other mac forums are so against free software. WEIRD! Like it's coming out of their pockets. I may have been wrong by trying to install it for free, and is their anything wrong with a family member helping another out? Has anyone ever just gave you something to help you out or save you some $?
maybe piracy will drive these companies to make things more affordable! Now waiting for alot warmer response. Hey Tiger isn't all that expensive, but free is better!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If your sister had Tiger installed on the G5 with which she burned the disc, chances are it wasn't burnt properly:
Tiger has a built-in copy protection mechanism: You cannot burn a copy with a mac that already has tiger installed.

Re the piracy issue:

It isn't only about personal views: the owners of this forum could be held liable if the forums were thought to be advocating piracy.

OP
P

pixelpeeper

Understood thank you. I just didn't look at it as piracy. I also think now it isnt a copy of tiger but of restore which wont work on my powerbook anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.