Cant install anything (security agent problem)

Reaction score
So clean my mac did a number on my computer and now when i go to install things, it gets to the part where it asks for my password, a Securit Agent program starts, but the window never pops up and then the installation process freezes. This also means that I cannot boot into recovery for some reason. I have 10.8 on a usb as well as 10.7. Is there anything i can click and drag out to reset the security agent?

I have tried disk repair/permission repair. did not work

V.Stuck!!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Based on this thread and your other thread and no telling what else you're going to find wrong with continued use, would suggest after you make a backup of your personal data, that you use that 10.8 flash drive you have to wipe (re-partition the drive) and reinstall OS X and do not put CleanMyMac back on that machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i5 iMac with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD and 32GB iPad 3 WiFi
When I 1st bought my iMac recently I downloaded the trial version of it to try it out. After some reading on the forum I decided to uninstall it and that is when the problems started. I got most of the program out but kept getting notification popups and when I moved something to the trash I would get popups. I went to the website where I downloaded it and read a guide how to uninstall manually with no luck. I tried using the finder search and looked threw countless folders trying to find leftover files with no luck. I winded up sending MacPaw an email asking for help and they emailed me a removal tool which actually worked great and have no issues now. I would upload it but I see no area for file uploads here on the site. Send them an email and see if you can get the removal tool, works great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.