Clearing out HD space

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2010 Mac Pro 5,1 with 3.33Ghz 6-core, and 16GB RAM
Hi folks...

My Mac Pro has (2) 1TB drives, one primary and I use Super-Duper to back-up onto the second drive. While merging and consolidating my wife's 120GB and my 275GB digital libraries, I recently ran Araxis Find Duplicate Files (FDF) and was able to find that we had multiple copies of many photos, MP3s, and videos. Per the FDF instructions, I moved all the duplicates to a folder, sent the folder to the trash, then emptied the trash. Yet, the hard drive still claims 700GB of material and only 295GB are available. Running FDF again shows no more duplicates, but this doesn't make sense given the original amounts of data.

I've downloaded OmniDiskSweeper but not sure how to use it to find and delete just the duplicates.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into Disk Utility and run repair Permissions and see if that makes a difference. If no joy run Erase Free Space.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2010 Mac Pro 5,1 with 3.33Ghz 6-core, and 16GB RAM
Thanks... I did these to no avail....
- verified / repaired disk permissions, rebooted
- erased free space, rebooted
- ran Onyx, rebooted

Other thoughts?

Thanks,
Paras.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.