my mac fonts are getting corrupted. Why?? Help?

Reaction score
I have a QNAP server with an atom processor and am doing work for a print company. Im new to using macs and I seem to be having a bizarre problem. Heres what happens: A customer will send me a compressed file with all of their quark files/documents/fonts on it. It seems like if I touch those files at all with a PC, it corrupts them and they become 0 KB files with no data. But if i never touch them with a PC everything is fine. What is going on here?? Is this common? Makes no sense to me and I've been using and building PCs since i was 13 yrs old

Reaction score
There are two possibilities:

1. Your antivirus software is blocking and cleansing the data that you receive from your client, probably it might contain some infections.

2. The file is corrupt or there is issue with your unzip tool.

If you had set automatic scan for emails or external drives through which you receive your client data, deselect this option and then try again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have to ask.... If you have a Mac (you didn't tell us which one) why are you attempting to open those files first with your PC? Your Mac is fully capable of uncompressing files that are archived. You're new to the Mac and I can understand your concern but you need to leave the PC behind and use your Mac.

C

chas_m

If you're doing work for a print company and are using a PC, someone in the company has made a terrible mistake.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.