WD My Passport for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27" 2017, macOS 11.3.1 Big Sur, iPhone 7Plus, iPad Pro, Apple tv4, iPodT6
Have just purchased the 2TB model from the online Mac Store UK.

This portable external drive comes with extra software e.g. WS+Turbo drivers - and their own WD Drive Utilities are these necessary for Mac OS X ML 10.8.4, surely Mac OS Disk Utility is all that is required?

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
I didn't like the extra software when I initially set up my WD 3T ext hdd. I reformated the whole drive and I have used the Mac's features only.
No regrets and everything is running fine.

OP
MacGandalf
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27" 2017, macOS 11.3.1 Big Sur, iPhone 7Plus, iPad Pro, Apple tv4, iPodT6
I didn't like the extra software when I initially set up my WD 3T ext hdd. I reformated the whole drive and I have used the Mac's features only.
No regrets and everything is running fine.

Thanks very much. I did not install the extra software either and after reading your reply I shall not.

Cheers for the reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.