iphone4 wifi disabled?

Reaction score
Hello folks, sorry if this was posted some other time or place. I did a search and could not find anything on this site though I did find some other sites online about this issue. I bought a used iphone4 and found out the wifi is greyed out and not working. Looks like it was an issue with the 6.1.3 update. I saw alot of different fixes and discussions about if it is a software or hardware problem. Some people have told me to wait till IOS 7 comes out but I found out ios7 wont work for an iphone4. Then I saw some hardware fixes. Wanted to see if anyone has expereince with this and what worked for them.

Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
iOS 7 will definitely work with the iPhone 4, but that's the oldest model that will be supported..

If the WiFi doesn't work with iOS 6, there is no reason to believe that it will get magically fixed in iOS 7.

Was the WiFi working before you purchased the iPhone? If not, was it disclosed to you that it was not working? If not, you might want to contact the seller and ask them about it and how long it hasn't been working..

OP
B
Reaction score
So the person said they did not know the wifi was not working. But I have a feeling they knew, but I got the phone for a real good price and am willing to put a little money into it. It has 6.1.3 on it, Everything else is working on the phone except the wifi and bluetooth. I have also read that when people updated to the 6.1.3 some folks lost wifi, meaning it greyed out. and the blue tooth is in the same chip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
So did you try the options given in that thread ?? Like the Airplane Mode option and the link that was offered ??

OP
B
Reaction score
I tried everything except for the freezer trick, figured if I got to throw it in the freezer, then its a hardware problem and I should get it fixed by a pro.

C

chas_m

smart thinking.

I can assure you that lack of Wi-Fi is not a problem under 6.1.3. I and about 100 or so clients are all using it on iPhone 4's and no issues whatsoever.

My guess is the issue is hardware.

OP
B
Reaction score
smart thinking.

I can assure you that lack of Wi-Fi is not a problem under 6.1.3. I and about 100 or so clients are all using it on iPhone 4's and no issues whatsoever.

My guess is the issue is hardware.

Yeah, but I have also read where many people discovered there wifi greyed out not long after downloading the 6.1.3. A coincidence? Maybe, it was a set of chips,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.