Auto Fill web forms

Reaction score
In Safari, Auto Fill web forms isn't working. I called Apple Tech Support, but they insist that's it doesn't work on some web sites, but it seems to me that it doesn't work on most web sites.

I have OS 10.8.4 I have selected all 3 options in Preferences---AutoFill. And my Contacts card has all of my contact info. Shouldn't it work on most web sites? Is there something else that I need to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M3 iMac, 24 GB RAM, 10 core GPU
No, I don't think it works on most sites, but that's normal behavior. They (sites) do that for security reasons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I wouldnt say most sites, but i have had a few that it hasnt worked on.

Have you tried editing from within Safari Preferences to the Contact ?? I just suggest this, because when i first started it, this happened to me, and it was using a contact that was my name, but a old FB contact put there when you connect FB to iPhone or Mac.
Worth a try, then i would try and repair permissions via Disk Utility and see if that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.