MacBook Pro No Power!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White Macbook, iPod Touch 1g, iPod Touch 2g, Powermac G4 Digital Audio 733Mhz (Running 10.5.x)
So I bought a MBP 2010 15" 2.66Ghz i7 8Gb ram with liquid damage the other day. My problem is that it does not receive power. The battery indicator lights do not give my any feedback when I press the button. When Magsafe is connected there is a low dim green light and occasionally it flashes an amber color. The power button does nothing. I have reset the SMC and I have even gone to my local Apple Certified repair shop and bought a new DC Magsafe board. None of these thing have solved any problems. Cleaning the Logic Board with alcohol and a toothbrush made it so that I got any light out of the Magsafe. Does anyone have any ideas? :\

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So I bought a MBP 2010 15" 2.66Ghz i7 8Gb ram with liquid damage the other day.

Does anyone have any ideas? :\

Very very likely the logic board is damaged due to the liquid spill. You probably need a new logic board. Replacement logic boards are expensive.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ohh dear bad buy anything liquid damaged as liquid + electronics all too often = death.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.