iPhone WiFi sync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini: Core i7, Fusion drive
I want to sync my iPhone 4S to my Macmini over WiFi. I did this with my previous laptop which was Windows based. I selected the "Sync with this iPhone over WiFi" option and selected "Apply"; the phone was connected to the mac with a USB cable like the instructions specified for this step.

However the sync with iTunes over Wifi option in the phone is bolded out and it has my Windows laptop specified as the computer it syncs with. Next I deauthorized my laptop because I thought that might get my iPhone to recognize the proper computer it needs to sync with, and that did not work. The PC remains listed in my iPhone as the computer it syncs to over WiFi.

How can I fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you sync by cable to your Mac mini?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Syncing over the cable works. The iPhone is also visible from iTunes on the Mac when the phone is on WiFi on the same network. However on the phone when I go to "iTunes WiFi Sync" the button "sync now" is greyed out and says "Sync will resume when "My-PC" is available".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you initiate the wifi sync from your Mac does it work?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh okay that was a simple answer. Haha I feel stupid. When I click sync from iTunes my phone syncs over WiFi.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.