New to Mac, 2013 MBA SSD

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As my first post I would like your opinion on whether I should opt for the 128 or 256 GB SSD on the new 2013 MBA. I really don't want to spend the extra money to see the space not being utilized.

This will be my first Mac as I have been a windows person all my life.

I am a college student and the intended use for my future mba will be for application development such as android and web applications. At times I will be using a virtual machine to run windows for C#.

I'm pretty much decided that because I will be running multiple applications at once and even running vm's I should go with the 8GB ram.

The MBA will not be my primary computer and thus I will not have any media and things of that nature. I may want to dual boot in the future and I'm not sure how much space would be left over from having the Mac and windows os.

p.s. It will be a MBA because weight is a must for me.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
As my first post I would like your opinion on whether I should opt for the 128 or 256 GB SSD on the new 2013 MBA.

This will be my first Mac as I have been a windows person all my life.

What sort of storage habits have you had as a Windows Person?...maybe this will help you decide.

Also...in case you didn't know...you can also run Windows on Macintosh computers. And if did...that extra storage space will come in handy running two OS's.

But if you feel that 128gig is enough...you do always have external storage options (external HD or USB stick).

Welcome to Mac-Forums...and the Macintosh computer world (once you purchase your computer)!;)

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.