ical info lost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
I have searched the forums and to no avail. I have lost all of my info on the ical on my ipad2. My son and I were looking at the calendar and I pushed the home button by mistake. For some reason everything got wiped out. So I went to my macbook pro and decided to sync to the ipad directly. To no avail. Not even I cloud. Is there anyway to get this info back onto my ipad? Thanks for your assistance.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I'm not sure how pressing the home button would wipe out the data in iCal? And you're saying that it's also been wiped out from your Mac and iCloud?

If everything was syncing to iCloud, then a wipe in one place would wipe every other place..one way of getting things back would be to go back to any backup you have of iCal on your Mac where it might keep a local copy of your calendar information..

Putting that back would/should at least bring it back on the Mac and then you an resync it to iCloud and to your iPad..

Short of something like that, not sure if there is any way of getting information back..

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for your prompt reply. I know it sounds a little bizarre, but I could have hit the home button two times, I am not certain. However it is still on my Mac. So as I said I tried syncing via ICloud and USB. Strange.. Any other ideas?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If it's still on your Mac, it should sync everything over iCloud. Perhaps you could try turning iCloud off and then back on on your iPad.

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it's still on your Mac, it should sync everything over iCloud. Perhaps you could try turning iCloud off and then back on on your iPad.

Thanks I will give that a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.