Installing an Application (Requires Java VM)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Retina MacBook Pro - 2.4Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM - 256GB Flash Storage
I'm trying to install an application for my work called "Fonality." Every time I try to install, I get an error which reads: This application requires Mac OS Java VM 1.5 to run.

I have installed Java for OS X and confirmed in the Java control panel that I am running version 7 update 25. Technically, Fonality only supports up to OS 10.5, but I'm assuming that I should be able to make the program work for 10.8 (just as I could find a way to make a Windows 7 program work with Windows 8), although I may be wrong about that.

Any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
May not work if it is a PowerPC application., Alas from lion onwards no support for Rosetta to make this type of application work. Both Tiger OS X.4 and Leopard OS X.5 are capable of running PowerPC programs.,

http://help.fonality.com/HUD/Minimum_Requirements

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Harry is correct. The support page states it will only work up to Leopard (OS X 10.5.8) which means it's either a universal app with PPC code or it's entirely based on PPC code. It won't work on Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion.

Reaction score
Fonality on High Sierra

Harry is correct. The support page states it will only work up to Leopard (OS X 10.5.8) which means it's either a universal app with PPC code or it's entirely based on PPC code. It won't work on Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion.

May I confirm for you guys, i ran fonality hud on El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks and every OS X in the last 10 years. But High Sierra hangs for some reason, even the old app that was in my folder hangs. Just FYI, i installed all versions of JVM and only 1.5 allows launch, but hangs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.