Mountain Lion Lag

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
So what's up with the lag in Mountain Lion - opening system preferences, searching with Spotlight, opening Finder, etc.?

Basic tasks have a 10-15 second lag on both my new iMac and MacBook Pro, both of which were recently updated from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. How am I supposed to fix this?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So what's up with the lag in Mountain Lion - opening system preferences, searching with Spotlight, opening Finder, etc.?

Any lags you're experiencing with Mountain Lion is certainly not a widespread problem. Mountain Lion has been out for over a year now...and I don't remember lagging every being an issue.

If you're experiencing lagging...it's almost definitely an individual setup, specs., and/or maintenance issue. This situation almost definitely falls into the "typical" thread posting where someone is experiencing lagging...which is independent of the OS installed.

If we're talking about the computer listed in your profile...it is certainly not an issue with Mountain Lion.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Only a problem if the hard drive is over say 80% of capacity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Just upgraded my Macbook from SL to ML. Not having any of those problems. In fact System Preferences opens immediately, whereas it took about 10 seconds or so in SL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.