Macbook Internet Connection Slow / Keeps Dropping

Reaction score
Ok so I have time warner cable. I use a router/modem Netgear combination device and a Netgear Wireless Extender. My macbook is always connected to the netgear extender. I have all my devices connected with a manuel address for Ipv4.

IPv4: Manually
IPv4 Address: 192.168.0.51
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Router: 192.168.0.1

IPv6: Automatically

DNS, Servers: 209.18.47.61, 209.18.47.62

My internet runs fine for anywhere from 5 to 15 mins then it will drop and run really really slow and I always have to turn wifi off and back on for it to work again then it happens again. I thought it was the DNS, tried different programs, changed it, but I still get the same problems. I have my phone and my PC connected to the extender and there a no problems runs great. Does anyone know anything that could help me with this situation? I may just have to buy a USB wireless adapter and see if that helps. *Sigh*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Try DNS address 0.0.0.0 and see if that makes a difference. Using a hands free p[hone on your desk at all which can cause interference? Next suggestion is change the Netgear device.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.