Can Macs and PCs work together?

J

jnc007

I'm considering buying a laptop. A friend of mine suggested I look at powerbooks. I have a pc that I've built from scratch and I'm very comfortable with. However, while using hers i developed an appreciation for its simplicty and its funcitonality. What comes down to is just that, how funcitonial is it? Or more specifically can macs and PCs work together? Can I type a doc on one and transfer it to the other? If I use MS publisher can I carry a file from one to the other? What are my limitations with using both systems?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
file sharing is easy to do the only problem that you may have is having the correct application that you need for your files on the mac

Reaction score
Files usually transfer fine from a Windows Computer to a Mac. You need to learn to work with standards, too. Make PDF's when possible and use a mpg file instead of that dreaded WMV (which isn't really a problem either).

But as long your Windows Porgram has a Mac Counterpart, Files will work fine. In fact, using Office for Mac is even nicer than on Windows, and there really aren't any issues (can't even think of one right now - what SHOULDN'T work???!!!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
They work fine together, although don't be suprised if you get rid of your windows system. When i switched I had windows systems and one powerbook... now i have a bunch of macs and one dell (which I soon hope to goo aswell)

Reaction score
your only issue is publisher. no mac counterpart.. sorry..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.