Player/Burner for IMAC late 2012?

Reaction score
I am really frustrated with my Imac late 2012 without burner nor DVD player capabilities! I am finally trying to figure out what additional equipment I need to buy and need some advice, please. Ideally, I would like a combo of the two. I have only seen BluRay players + burner. At this time I'm not excited about BluRay, so really don't need that aspect. Are there any "regular" combos anyone would suggest? Otherwise, which products would FORUM members suggest for me to buy- DVD/CD burner and CD DVD player? Appreciate your time and efforts on my behalf. LosFrijoles~

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Any of them should work. Would suggest, however, that you go to OWC. At least there you know they've been tested with OS X. And the B-R burners are also going to burn CDs and DVDs. Haven't gone shopping for one lately, but with the cost of drives, it may be getting harder to find one that does not include B-R capabilities. Or at least you're not really going to save much money buying one that doesn't do B-R.

(And there is no need, nor is it proper forum etiquette to ask the same question in multiple threads. Thanks.)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Why not just buy the Apple USB Superdrive?

Not a bad idea...except the OWC product costs $30 less ($49 vs. $79). But the Apple drive is prettier!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.