wiping/clearing ipads

Reaction score
How do you go about wiping all apps as well as bookmarks for websites, cookies and all history of websites visited, including passwords? I'm going to be giving my ipad to someone else and I want to make sure absolutely nothing is on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
To set back to factory default as when first purchased, go to settings, general, reset and select erase all content and settings.

OP
U
Reaction score
To set back to factory default as when first purchased, go to settings, general, reset and select erase all content and settings.

Will that eliminate software and internet browsers already on there? What exactly will it leave behind? I want to only eliminate personal apps and info as well as not allowing anyone using it later to see websites visited, including passwords for those websites.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Will that eliminate software and internet browsers already on there? What exactly will it leave behind? I want to only eliminate personal apps and info as well as not allowing anyone using it later to see websites visited, including passwords for those websites.

Yes, that is the answer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.